This is an exciting time to join our expanding company and be part of a vibrant and dynamic team that thrives on growth and opportunity. We are currently amid further international expansion, establishing new business in strategic markets to support continued growth and market leader status, and maximising the opportunities of significant national investment in mining and infrastructure.
Reporting to the Electrical Manager, the Electrical Design Engineer is responsible for:
· Acting as the technical expert in the management of electrical substation design and drafting and electrical construction design.
· Protection grading and arc fault studies.
· Undertaking and managing a comprehensive auditing function of electrical work conducted in our workshops and on site.
· Ensuring compliance of new and existing electrical installations and equipment used and manufactured.
· Contributing to asset management functions of nominated plant assets and associated systems.
· Joint responsibility for monitoring routine performance, condition and expenditure of nominated plant assets and associated systems.
· Liaise with relevant state supply authorities, distributors and retailers.
You'll be rewarded with an attractive remuneration package, negotiable with skills and experience, and provided with a company phone and laptop.
· Advanced Diploma or Degree in Electrical Engineering with extensive experience in mining and / or tunnelling industries.
· Extensive experience in substation design.
· Extensive experience in power system modelling.
· Experience in electrical construction / project design preferred but not essential.
· Experience in ASP3 and ASP1 design works.
· Strong commitment to workplace health, safety, and environment.
We strive to be a dynamic and inclusive workplace, promoting a productive, autonomous and supportive culture where everyone is encouraged to succeed.
Our core values of Quality, Value, Innovation, Culture and Honesty drive our behaviour, approach and the way we do business.
We support and encourage ongoing training and development, and reward high performance, enjoy weekly all staff lunches, recognise and offer health and wellbeing programs and initiatives.
Although Orange NSW will be the preferred location, we will also consider Greater Sydney Region.
You'll need to log in to apply for this job.