Corporate Services Managers plan, organise, direct, control and coordinate the overall administration of organisations.
Common tasks include:
- providing high level administrative, strategic planning and operational support, research and advice to senior management on administrative matters such as staff management, financial planning, facility management and information services
- developing and managing the organisation's administrative, financial, physical and staff resources
- developing and implementing administrative, financial and operational procedural statements and guidelines for use by staff in the organisation
A skill level equal to a Bachelor Degree or higher is needed to work in this job. Workers normally have at least 5 years of relevant experience instead and are more likely to have an Advanced Diploma/Diploma qualification.
Top skills required:
- Active Listening - Listening to others, not interrupting, and asking good questions.
- Coordination - Changing what is done based on other people's actions.
- Monitoring - Keeping track of how well people and/or groups are doing in order to make improvements.
- Social Perceptiveness - Understanding why people react the way they do.
- Speaking - Talking to others.